Friday, March 31, 2006

Where's Mark?

Okay, it's been 10 days since my last post, so I thought I'd better check in. Yes, I am on the job hunt again. If you "joined this program" recently, you may not know that I was laid off in January and started a new job February 15th. Several days ago we were told that the company is being sold and it is doubtful that the development staff will be part of the deal. I've been on this job only six weeks now, but I'll look at it as another opportunity to trust God with directing my steps. I am still working and getting paid, but my supervisor told us that we should be looking elsewhere and that if he saw us on monster.com it was okay. It still feels weird even though I have permission. I'm trying to ride it out and see what happens, but am exploring my options also. I was dreading having to use my evening and weekend time to job hunt when I was just getting back into preparing-for-baby tasks, so the liberty to surf (and job hunt) on my downtime at work was a nice gesture. Just working on my project(s) is strange. It feels like I am remodeling a condemned building.

Last weekend I overdid things and put myself in mega back pain. I worked from home via remote login on Monday and Tuesday so that I could keep icing it. I could barely walk. I saw the doctor on Wednesday and am returning today for more treatment. I still do not know exactly what I did to it. Anyway, it is much better than it was, but for a while mere sitting was agonizing, so obviously I didn't blog much.

I would appreciate your prayers that God would direct me into exactly what He wants for me at this point in my life. I know He will, but "Where two or more agree..." Thanks for stopping by and I hope to have more soon.

7 Comments:

At 3/31/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, I'm praying for you. I like how you said you felt like you were remodeling a condemned building!

I can't believe they would hire someone on while trying to sell the company. But I will never understand most anything companies do anyway.

 
At 4/01/2006, Blogger God's Woman said...

Oh, Mark, yes, we will keep you in our prayers! No wonder your back went out, carrying so much!

Babies don't care if they sleep in basket or a crib, get changed on a floor, sofa, or changing table-- they just want mom and dad.

 
At 4/01/2006, Blogger Patti said...

Was wondering where you were. Will be praying? While this may seem like the pits-it may be entirely in God's will-to give you a better job.

 
At 4/02/2006, Blogger Mandy said...

May God fill you with joy and peace that you would abound in hope. That your every step would be guided by the Holy Spirit into His perfect will.

 
At 4/03/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May Your Will be done in Mark's life, Lord.
Amen

 
At 4/03/2006, Blogger Erin said...

Oh Mark... I'll be praying for your back. I know how awful it can be.

And a little advice... if you're invited out for lunch with your next job interview... don't mention your stretchy pants ;)

 
At 4/04/2006, Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Mark, I am so sorry to know that you had a sore back. Hope that you're much better now.

Will keep you in prayers. Yes god will surely direct you and guide you. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter