Monday, March 13, 2006

We're Having a Boy!!!

That's right, I'm going to have a son! :) I have been smiling from ear to ear since we found out. Cindy and I were both 50/50 with what we preferred, but it is nice to know how to plan. I am having fun thinking about all the various things I'll be able to teach my son and all the things I'd like to do and say. I can hardly wait to be able to hold him. Cindy and I were together when they were doing the ultrasound. We saw the baby's little nose, hands and fingers, feet, spine, brain, heart, and, of course, the area that gave away the fact that he is a boy. Cindy is at just under 20 weeks now and her due date has been moved up from August 7th to the 2nd. April 4th is her next appointment. I'll probably scan and post a couple pics from that visit. God is so good and so faithful to us!!!

11 Comments:

At 3/13/2006, Blogger Aim Claim said...

A BOY... how awesome... Mark Jr.?

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Patti said...

Congratulations to you and Cindy. He's going to have a great dad.

 
At 3/14/2006, Blogger God's Woman said...

Names? Let's name Mark's baby boy!

Since you are a Mark, I suggest

Matthew, Luke, or John.

 
At 3/14/2006, Blogger Mark D said...

Oh, glad I decided to check this from work - before more name suggestions came in. My wife likes the name Mark, but there would be no way to differentiate between big Mark and little Mark...like Bob and Bobby. We thought we had come up with a good name (looking for something Irish and somewhat unusual), but then we found out the name was very popular last year. We might just stick with it anyway, but we are open to your suggestions. The middle name will be Powell, which is my wife's maiden name.

 
At 3/14/2006, Blogger Mandy said...

Yay! Boy names are harder than girl names, I think. I do like Powell for a middle name. Unique. The family connection is good, too.

U sure u want suggestions?:)

 
At 3/14/2006, Blogger Erin said...

:)

Happy that you're happy.

 
At 3/14/2006, Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Congratulations Mark! I'm so happy for you! Little Mark is going to be blessed to have a great daddy :)

 
At 3/16/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!!!!

 
At 3/16/2006, Blogger christina joy said...

congrats Mark! that's awesome!

so... what was the Irish name you came up with?

 
At 3/16/2006, Blogger Mark D said...

That's a secret ;)

...for now at least.

I think we will probably end up going with it even though it's not as unusual as we thought. We like the name.

 
At 3/18/2006, Blogger Kitty said...

hey what's the name?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter