Thursday, April 03, 2008

Update #1 (Family - Welcoming Baby #2)

Ethan Connor D_______ was born January 17th, 2008. He weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and was 21" long. We found out a couple days before the due date that he was not only breech, but had a bigger than expected head, so the doc recommended a C-section. It was a tough call to make because Cindy and I attended a natural childbirth class before she had Aidan and she tried to deliver without any epidural. Suffice it to say that we both feel that the less medical intervention, the better. We discussed the possibility of the doctor trying to turn the baby and he said that was actually considered more invasive than a C-section. Trust me, I investigated things online (risks of C-section, danger to baby, etc) so I would know what to watch out for and how to pray. Bottom line for me is that it is Cindy's body, so I left it to her. Our doctor is amazing and everything went smoothly. Let me take this opportunity to say I am so proud of my wife. She is one tough cookie. She actually didn't need ANY pain medication when she came home. Aidan (20 months now) was and is so loving to his new little brother. He knows to be careful and likes to kiss the top of Ethan's head. No colic with Ethan, so things are much easier than the first time around. The coolest thing right now is that Ethan is a big smiler. He just beams and it melts my heart. He also smiles really big at Aidan when he walks by. Right now the only thing I'm trying to balance is how to spend more time with Ethan without Aidan feeling jealous. Aidan, for the most part, has adjusted exceptionally well, so I don't want to rock that boat. On the flip side, I don't feel like I have bonded as much with Ethan as I did when Aidan was his age. It's a juggling act, but I am so blessed. Being a daddy is absolutely wonderful.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter