Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Baby #2 On the Way!

That's right, our little Aidan will soon be a big brother!! We found out very early on (May 19th) but I just hadn't posted the good news yet. Cindy's due date is January 24th. God is good!!!

This news certainly made us tread carefully with regard to the new business and all. Cindy's parents were watching Aidan on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons so she could work part time. It was a much needed break for her. However, with the pregnancy fatigue and nausea, it was wearing her down. Despite the fact that I had inside info that my layoff was approaching, we decided it was best for Cindy to quit her job and use the two afternoons a week to rest. We knew that July would come and, potentially, neither of us would be making money. I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that I could get another job, working for someone else, in a heartbeat, so this is not a huge concern. In fact, I had a job offered to me, but I believe in the long run starting my own business is the better route.

In my previous post when I mentioned, "Where God leads you, He will sustain you." My first Fathers' Day was a shocker - in a good way. Some time ago (before she knew of my layoff or of the baby on the way) my mother decided to distribute some of the money my dad left to her to us kids. She gave me a Fathers' Day card with a note telling me she was giving me a monetary gift - and it happened to be about what I made in a year. How could she have known how much that meant to us? God obviously had a hand in this, and Cindy and I took it as His way of saying, "I've got your back, I will sustain you." He is the most amazingly wonderful God! Actually, we chose not to take the lump sum because we preferred to accept a portion of it as a personal gift (within the limit of personal gifts under which no taxes have to be paid). We now have a buffer of savings from which we can draw if we need to, but my intention is not to have to touch it at all for living expenses. God is good!

2 Comments:

At 8/08/2007, Blogger Nephos said...

Congratulations on the baby!

It's always exciting to hear of how God is at work in other's lives. He always provides!

 
At 8/13/2007, Blogger Mandy said...

Congratulations! That is great, great news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter