Sunday, April 08, 2007

Perspective - Part 1

So I guess they finally finished the Grand Canyon Skywalk, that all-glass bridge that people can walk on and experience views rarely seen by humans before. Ever since I heard that I have been thinking about perspectives we all have in life and the things that change or expand them. For me, parenthood is definitely one of those life-view altering experiences. This Easter was the best Easter I have had in my life, from a family perspective as well as spiritual.

My life is so full of joy as I watch our son grow and learn new things daily. I will post more pics and videos soon. Words cannot describe what I feel when he smiles at me, when I teach him something, when I comfort him, and when we are just together enjoying the simple things like sunshine and trees blowing in the wind. I am often reminded of the Bible verse that says God rejoices over us with joy, and I realize how much He really does care about everything that goes on in our lives.

Sometimes I think...what if I got a call that person who was VERY remotely related to me, maybe from distant ancestors, was kidnapped by rebels in a hostile country and I was asked to trade my son's life for the mere possibility that this person MIGHT be released? Who would even entertain that thought? Even if it were GUARANTEED that the person would be released, still, he or she doesn't even know me. Yet, my Father God loved me so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die for me while I was yet a sinner, knowing full well I have free will and could reject what that precious blood bought me. That kind of love is truly hard to grasp, but on this first Easter as a dad, I am a step closer, and it just blows my mind.

I hope this Easter brought you even closer to our Heavenly Father who loves you so much He sacrificed His only Son just for the chance to know you. He is rejoicing over you with joy. He loves to see your smile, wants to teach you things, comfort you, and just likes to be with you as you enjoy those simple things like sunshine and trees blowing in the wind.

1 Comments:

At 4/19/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark! Hi. Just checking in for the first time in awhile. I've been on a bit of a hiatus, myself.

I adore the video of your son. He is so precious.

Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter