Saturday, July 22, 2006

Contest Time

The baby is almost here, the nursery is pretty much done, and my new job is going well. There is still much more around the house to do and I have work-related books to study, so this post will be short. I greatly appreciate those of you who have been so patient and still check back here despite my absence. I came up with a little way to say thanks...

It's time for a "guess the baby's weight" contest. Here are the rules:

1. To participate you must have left at least one comment on my blog in the past.

2. Leave a comment with your guess on this post.

3. You can't guess a weight that has already been guessed by another reader.

4. In your comment, include the letter you think our baby boy's first name begins with (if the birth weight is exactly between two guesses, this will determine the winner).

Check back in the next couple of weeks for the birth news (the due date is still August 2nd). The winner will get a CD of his or her choice.

Here is some info that may help: I was 8 pounds 3 ounces as a baby and I am 6'1". My wife was 6 pounds 7 ounces as a baby and she is 5'3".

8 Comments:

At 7/22/2006, Blogger Mandy said...

OH Fun! I'm gonna go with a weight of 7 lbs 8 oz.

As for baby boy's first name...maybe it will start with J.

Covering Cindy, you and baby in prayer.
Mandy:)

 
At 7/23/2006, Blogger jel said...

6lbs 5oz
first letter M


take care!

 
At 7/23/2006, Blogger Nephos said...

I'm going for 7 lbs 12 oz.

First name: C (no bias of course)

Praying for healthy and safe delivery.

 
At 7/25/2006, Blogger karen said...

I'm going with 8 lbs 2 oz. I don't know why...
First name starting with.... M

 
At 7/25/2006, Blogger christina joy said...

M and 7lbs 3oz

 
At 7/28/2006, Blogger Ryan K. said...

I'm going with 8 pounds and 7 ounces. Recent studies show that bloggers have bigger babies. I think the name will begin with an "E".

This time of birth and new life inspires me to pause and think about death. Take the Phillies for example... please, take them...

 
At 7/28/2006, Blogger Erin said...

My guess is 6lbs 11oz. Smaller than Ryan's guess cause I'm hoping the Lord has mercy on your wife!

Letter... C

 
At 8/01/2006, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey Mark!

Would you mind stopping by my site when you get a chance? I just put up a time sensitive post about my upcoming missions trip to Jamaica in regards to fundraising and prayer support.

Thank you so much, and may God bless you today!!

~Stephanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter