Monday, December 26, 2005

BABY #1 ON THE WAY!!!













My wife is pregnant with our first baby!!!! :)))


Praise God forevermore!!! He is
SO FAITHFUL!

We actually found out on December 17th, but my wife swore me to secrecy until we could tell her parents. She went to the doctor on Tuesday the 20th and he estimated her at about 7-8 weeks. We have a tentative due date of August 7th. He did an ultrasound and my wife got to see the umbilical cord and the baby's heartbeat! She called me at work to tell me and it took all that was in me to keep from breaking down in joy.

On Christmas Eve we exchanged presents with my in-laws and after everyone was done I just happened to "find" one more gift. We had put the ultrasound picture in a shoebox and wrapped it up. My mother-in-law was speechless when she opened it and it really didn't hit her until yesterday (our baby will be her first grandchild). I told my parents yesterday and they were equally ecstatic.

I really cannot put into words what I have felt these past few days. God's timing is perfect. We always planned to wait at least five years so we could do some traveling, get settled in a house, and so forth. We had been trying for 2 1/2 years. My wife has not gone to many get-togethers because everyone talks about their children and she really had nothing to contribute to the conversation. I can totally see why she would be uncomfortable. Considering the things that I have learned in this past year alone, I am so glad I had the chance to make the necessary adjustments before becoming a dad.

Does anyone know any good pregnancy websites? I searched a bit last week and found very little that did not require you so sign up for stuff. Cindy (my wife) has had some nausea but for the most part she is doing very well. Any websites, books, tips, advice you have for us would be greatly appreciated.

Glory to God!!!

10 Comments:

At 12/26/2005, Blogger Fred said...

WOW! Congrats. God does work in wonderful ways. It took us three years to conceive, then suddenly we had three in three years.

Great newas all around. Ours were delivered pre-internet, so I can't help with that aspect.

 
At 12/26/2005, Blogger tonymyles said...

First of all, C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S-!

Second, I affirm babyzone.com and add americanbaby.com to the pot.

Third, this is such an amazing journey you guys are entering. It's a great time to do some personal growing, too, from your growing identity as a dad to your consistent identity in Christ.

If I can throw out something I learned on my first leg of pregnancy, it's that your relationship with your future child is more important than anything you hope to impart to him/her. I wrestled with all of these ideas of what I wanted my son to look like and choices I wanted him to make (so as to avoid some of the turmoil I'd gone through). What I realized (through a good chat with Mike Yaconelli) was that the relationship is most important. If a kid feels like he/she is growing up with expectations, when there is failure he/she won't come to you about it. When that kid feels like there is a relationship, though, then he/she will.

In any event, all of this flows out of your marriage, which flows out of your relationship with God. Keep those healthy and you will be an awesome dad!

 
At 12/27/2005, Blogger Aim Claim said...

Congrats Mark... that is awesome! Praise the Lord!

 
At 12/27/2005, Blogger Katie said...

Congratulations, what a great Christmas suprise.

 
At 12/27/2005, Blogger Mark D said...

Thanks everyone for sharing your congrats, websites, and advice!!

 
At 12/27/2005, Blogger Erin said...

One more congrats to the list :)

I've no advice on websites (or anything else child-related for that matter), but offer up this prayer:

Father-
Thank you for this new life. Thank you Lord for a loving family, and a loving community to surround this little one. I pray that these folks would be able to see your wonder through this growing child, and I pray that this growing child would be able to see the wonder of You through this family and community.

I ask for you hand of mercy and protection.

Thanks.
Amen.

 
At 12/28/2005, Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Wow! Soooo happy for you and your wife =) God Bless!

 
At 12/29/2005, Blogger Constance said...

Congratulations. You are blessed indeed.

I know the ostracism of the barren wife. Yes, there is absolutely nothing to contribute to the endless tales of children's escapades and the woes of pregnancy. My daughters know a good website and I'll find it out and send it on. It gives good info about what is happening week by week during your preganancy and lots of good links.

Blessings,

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger Al said...

Congratulations Mark!

(Just catching up on my reading tonight!)

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger Lucindyl said...

The books What to Expect When You're Expecting and What to Expect the First Year were pretty helpful, as I recall.

Congratulations to you and your Cindy and your growing little one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter