Monday, November 28, 2005

I have a need to...

Okay, this is a brief little side journey from the focus on the memorial stones of my life, but I wanted to write about it. Yesterday at church the worship leader played a couple of chords and asked, "Does anyone who came here today have a need?" The very first thing I thought was "I have a need to worship." Then I remembered a scene from that 80's movie "Top Gun" where one pilot says to the other, "I have a need...the need for speed." From what I hear, people who are involved in "extreme" sports get addicted to the adrenaline rush and just have to have it. True worshippers, those who worship God in spirit and in truth, experience the same kind of craving. It becomes a need like hunger and thirst. When we magnify our Need-meeter instead of our "needs", it has a way of putting things in the proper perspective. Praise and worship was nice at church yesterday, and I absolutely love to praise and worship the Lord at home and in the car, but I am learning to worship God with every moment and in every area of my life rather than limiting it to particular times, places, or activities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter